How do I access the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Cable Router config without a pin?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-14 17:50:54
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Bought recently and I'm very pleased with Setup and Performance.

However, even though I have tried repeatedly with different user details and passwords I cant access the router Config without resetting to defaults using the pin in the back and admin admin.

I am using W7 and get to a log in screen via Control Panel / ... Network Sharing Centre / Network Map and see Router. Click on this and up comes a User Name and Pasword form but it never works with what I entered for the router.

Its very frustrating so if anyone has an answer thank you Gary
Options
5 Reply
Re:How do I access the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Cable Router config without a pin?
2013-01-14 23:51:54
You connect a cable to the router?
Options
2013-01-15 01:25:37
Thanks jimasek but that hasnt helped me. The router is all cabled up and working. ISP cable modem to router, router to PC with Ethernet. When I use the pin to go back to default settings I get access to the router configuration, on the PC, but this is the only way I have found to get there. When I try to access it via W7 the user name and password I put into it dont work (Yes! I have tried it more than once and not messed up).

I have the printer connected to the USB port on the router and at first it worked with no problems. Now jobs get to the print queue in W7 but dont make it through the router. So I want to go into the routers config and check it out. But I want to find a better way than using the pin!!

thanks again Gary
Options
2013-01-15 02:15:14
ISP cable modem to router

ISP cable to WAN port in router?
In internet browser http://192.168.1.1 and admin/admin of course in factory default. I don't understand what you mean "pin" (button reset)?
Options
2013-01-15 16:32:22
Hi again

Yes! the router is fully connected. Wan lead from ISP modem, ethernet to PC and printer on the USB port. All fully working apart from the printer which did at first and is the reason I want to get back into the config to look at the setup.

By "pin" reset I mean by using a pin, through the small hole in the back of the router, to operate the switch that sets the router back to factory defaults and brings up the config on my PC monitor.

Thanks for the idea of gettingin via the IE browser ... I will try that and report back.

thanks again Gary
Options
2013-01-15 16:39:36
Yes! I tried that and I get the config. Why didnt I think of that !!

But I had entered a name and password into the device which after accessing via "admin admin" has been cleared. But I am happy not to have another password than the 2 admins and will leave iit like that.

Hopefully I can now make it print again although it was turned on.

So first problem solved

thanks jimasek
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 808

Replies: 5