Possible wrong product TL - WR743ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-15 17:12:52
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Optus

Hi, I am a newcomer here and I think I am in trouble. I have purchased a TP -LINK Router Model TL - WR743ND believing (being told to be OK) that this router is OK to use as an Access Point as this is what I am after.
I have an existing TP - Link wired Router TL R460 old but has served me well, never any problems.
I have 3 computers (Desktop) here with wired connection. Recently I have acquired 2 Laptops and a Logitech media - player, that I wish to connect to wirelessly, One of the Laptops has Bluetooth as well.
I do not wish under any circumstance at this point of time to change the wired connection to any of the three desktops. The two Laptops and the Media-Player I wish to have wireless though.
My burning question now is can it be done with the router that I have bought, if yes is there anyone here who would be able to give me detailed instructions on how to do it.

Sorry for the misleading Model input, part of my problem.

Many thanks in advance
Bill
Options
6 Reply
Re:Possible wrong product TL - WR743ND
2013-01-15 19:38:22
You may follow the steps below to have a try:
1. Log into the web interface of the router.
2. Select Router mode.
3. Disable the DHCP sever in DHCP Settings.
4. Go to Network →LAN to change the IP address of the wireless router to be different from your main router. you may use the IP address 192.168.1.2.
5. Connect the TL-R460 to the LAN port of TL-WR743ND instead of the WAN port.
Options
2013-01-19 10:26:12
Thank you Andrew, and sorry for not coming back earlier, I have been trying all ways that I could think of and am at the end of ideas now without any success. I must be doing something wrong somewhere along the line.
I had at one point established a network, but was not able to connect my Laptop to it it specified it as public unknown.
What I need I think is for someone who knows the TP-LINK TL-WR743ND to give me step by step instructions otherwise I will be still guessing this time next year.
My Windows Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate and the Laptop is a Dell Inspirion 1440.
I know the router works as it is picking up my neighbors.
Thanks in advance to anyone game enough to guide me.
Bill
Options
2013-01-20 15:06:13
1 connect the computer to the one of the LAN ports (the yellow ports) of the WR743ND
2 open up the internet explorer. In the address bar, put in http://192.168.1.1 and the username and password are "admin". If it doesn't work, try 192.168.0.1
3 After you can login to it, go to Quick Setup -> choose Standard Wireless router -> Dynamic IP. and go ahead configure the wireless network.
4 Go to Network -> LAN and change the IP address to 192.168.2.1
5 Connect the WAN port (blue port) of the WR743ND to the one of the LAN ports of the 460.
Options
2013-01-20 18:45:39
Hi joyce, and thank you for the reply,
when I do quick setup > Wireless I have no DynamicIP settings, under wireless Settings I have Client Setting with a open SSID field and in AP setting I have Local SSID : TP-LINK_B5A........ and that is it.
What do I do there. Next step Network LAN is OK then to change IP address.
Sorry for being not smart enough to work that out.
cheers
Bill
Options
2013-01-21 06:27:18
once ur ini settings go to OPERATION MODE and make sure AP ROUTER is selected dont forget to save settings
Options
2013-02-05 17:41:14
Thanks Guys, I ended up setting it up as a straight Router, that is working OK now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 6

Related Articles