TL-WN881ND V2 works awfull

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 18:47:53
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 180118

Hello. I have this adapter instaled last week. Since then I have awfull internet connection, I sometimes have to reinstall thhe drivers over and over again just to make the connection stable. It is so unestable that I cant even watch youtube videos. Playing videogames is impossible obviously. Downloading files interrupt. I dont know what to do, I've tried everything. Instaling the original disc driver, drivers from  the web. different models drivers. updating them, downgrading them. I am out of clues.

Sometimes the adapter connects to the wifi but doesnt catch any internet at all until I reconnect multiple times

thank you beforehand

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND V2 works awfull
2020-03-02 08:13:51 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:01

@joaquin_romero 

Hello,

We will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

How often does it happen? How do you make it back to work?

What about the wireless signal strength? How far away does it from the main router? What's the operating system of your computer?

What about other wireless devices? Do they have the same issue?

Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router, like the wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width as 20MHz.

Besides, try to change another USB port or another computer to do a comparative analysis. Below is an instruction you can refer to as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2241/

Have a great day.

Options
Re:TL-WN881ND V2 works awfull
2020-09-30 06:22:56
It almost never works. I even have to lower the bandwith or use my cellphone as hotspot in order to do play. It is unvarable. Ill leave a redditt post I made: https://www.reddit.com/r/wifi/comments/iuc1es/tplink_router_gives_me_high_ping/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 3

Related Articles