Deco M5 WiFi Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 WiFi Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Deco M5 WiFi Backhaul
2020-03-04 20:11:11
Really strange speeds. All problem @ link between main deco and router, try something crazy, change one slave deco to main deco and change link. Maybe something crazy in main unit. Change on deco app who is new main deco and change unit linked. Try this.
Options
2020-03-04 20:13:44

leogz wrote

Really strange speeds. All problem @ link between main deco and router, try something crazy, change one slave deco to main deco and change link. Maybe something crazy in main unit. Change on deco app who is new main deco and change unit linked. Try this.

@leogz 

i will tray to upgraid first . is it stable i wread its beta?

Options
2020-03-04 20:16:17

@Hisham_A 1.4.2 is stable one, i use on my deco networks. Really good firmware with no issues. 

Options
2020-03-04 21:05:55

Hisham_A wrote

leogz wrote

@leogz 

i will tray to upgraid first . is it stable i wread its beta?

@Hisham_A 

it worked after upgrade the Main Deco give me full speed throw etharnet , and good incrise of speed in slave deco i need to work to relocation of slave Deco to get more speed on it.

thanks @leogz 

Options
2020-03-04 21:31:35
Nice ! I think you got around 300/350 into each slave with no issues.
Options
2020-03-05 22:11:47

@leogz 

leogz wrote

Nice ! I think you got around 300/350 into each slave with no issues.

unfortunatly no stel the slave Decos not get a nice speed it incresed but not enaph i get an avrege of 200 in it. i'm thinking to use etharnet with switch after main Deco and connect all the slave to the GB switch. 

Options
2020-03-05 23:01:28

@Hisham_A you got 200 when connected via WiFi or client was connected via ether on slave deco ?

Options
2020-03-06 07:07:06

@leogz 

It's by using WiFi on slave Deco

Options
2020-03-06 19:44:23

@Hisham_A Make tests with Ethernet on Slaves. Just for know how real speed between decos. 

Here i use 2 decos with ethernet and 3 via wifi. 

If you use 2 or 3 with ethernet you really increase overall network speed. 

Options
2021-05-26 07:16:20

@Hisham_A 

I have a similar issue (since about two months now).

For the last five years I had a good working system:

Modem -> patch panel -> main deco (router mode) -> switch 1 -> patch panel -> switch 2 -> patch panel -> deco 2

-> deco 3

I didn't change anything and now the deco's 2 and 3 only have 90mbs while this should be 300mbs.

After reading on the internet, consulting other people and checking and ruling out issue I found the following:

When I create a direct connection between switch 1 and switch 2 and between switch 2 and deco 2, it gets back to the 300mbs.

However it can not be te wiring, because for one it is only 5 years old (new house), all cables from the patch panel are the same (and the one between the modem and the main deco work fine.

This has something to do with the communication of the deco's. Please help / update the firmware so this issue will be solved (as said it worked flawlessly).

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Options