Unable to view device connected in Windows File Manager Netwrok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-28 02:41:33 - last edited 2020-03-02 07:08:41
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.17

Hi All,

I just got off the chat with TP-Link support tech Xander who was completely unknowledgable of the TP Link Archer C9 AC 1900 Hardware V1 product, I bought just over 2 years back. 

Anyway here is my issue that someone can shed a light on this issue for me would be helpful. 

I am running Windows 10 Pro, and connected via wifi router. All is working fine, I can use the tplinkwifi.com and I can see all of the devices connected to the router. Both wired and wireless devices show up via the tplinkwifi. Npo issues here. 

The problem is when I click on the Windows File Explorer and go to Network on the left column to view devices connected - intermittently I can see all of the devices but most of the time, I can't see all of wired and wireless devices that are connected on the netwrok. 

Keep in mind all of the devices are functioning and have access to internet. Printers connected to the router wired and wirelessly work fine. When printing, from any of the connected devices it works fine. 

Issue is when I want to view the devices and go through DAS drive on the netwrok I can't connect if I don't see it on the Windows Explorer file app. 

Anyone know why this is an issue ? 

Why intermittently ? 

I have a suspicion it is a firmware issue but can't get anyone at TPLink to confirm this issue.

Please help. !!

Options