Unable to load website hosted behind WDR4300 at times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-16 00:54:44
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 120810 Rel.44064n

ISP : Bell Canada

We have a WDR4300 router that works well about 98% of the time. We have a static IP address from our ISP configured through PPPoE in the router and are hosting our own email and web server at local IP 192.168.1.200 behind the router. Port forwarding is enabled and working beautifully.

At some times throughout the day, any computer behind the router on our local network is unable to browse to our own website by our domain name (e.g. www.xyz.com) nor by the static IP it is attached to. We also get e-mail errors with mail client configured to use the domain name or the static IP it is attached to as the outgoing mail server. When this happens, I am still able to browse any other site on the internet without problem... just not our own.

Also, I have verified that while this is happening (internal computers can access the internet but not our own website):

1) I can browse to our website just fine from a computer outside of our network (e.g. a proxy or a computer controlled remotely from my home)

2) a computer from within the office that cannot reach our website using the domain name or the static IP it is attached to can still reach the website by browsing to the local IP address of the web server (192.168.1.200)

3) the problem seems to resolve itself sometime within 45 minutes of noticing it is occurring if we do nothing. We can make the problem resolve itself sooner by restarting the router.

I have the impression that this problem MIGHT start occurring when users are downloading files from our website. Of course, if this is the case, we cannot simply restart the router to fix the problem because then we are cutting off their download.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how I can fix this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to load website hosted behind WDR4300 at times
2013-01-16 01:43:57
We have a static IP address from our ISP configured through PPPoE i

This external address IP from ISP is Static? When you have problems with access try ping your external IP address.
Options
Re:Unable to load website hosted behind WDR4300 at times
2013-01-16 02:22:56
I have tried pinging the Static IP address from our ISP from within the office when these access problems occur, and the ping fails when typically it succeeds.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 2