TL-WN722NC Cutting out USB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-16 18:50:27
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN722NC

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just recently bought the TL-WN722NC. This was possibly a mistake as I'm running Windows 8 (32 bit) and it doesn't seem to be compatible.

I found the beta driver though and have installed this, but have an odd problem. Whenever the adapter is busy it starts regularly cutting out and disconnecting from the USB port. It also disconnects all devices from that USB controller. So my mouse cuts out, and anything else that may be attached.

It's definitely down to the adapter. I've tried multiple devices in those USB ports and used them all at once and there's no issue, an alternate adapter works fine but this is one I need for a different computer. And it's only when it's busy (e.g. downloading, streaming video etc.).

Any ideas? It'd be good to know if it's at least a known issue and that a non beta version may fix it. Otherwise it may have to be a case of sending back.Thank you!
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN722NC Cutting out USB
2013-01-17 14:12:00
Weird issue...like a incompatible issue.
If possible, you may try to install it in a different PC. If it works with other PC except this, I'm afraid it is incompatible with your mainboard.
Options
Re:TL-WN722NC Cutting out USB
2013-06-20 21:17:21
I had problems and what solved them is to connect it directly to usb port.
It seems it needs more voltage/current .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 2

Related Articles