Slow internet speed using router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-16 19:06:10
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WR841ND

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version : 3.13.9 (Last)

ISP : NET Virtua

Hello.

I've bought a TL-WD841ND and was using it normally.

After I arrived from a trip, the internet speed by wireless and by cable is only 0,5~0,7 Mbps...

My internet connection is 10 Mbps, and if I plug direct on the modem, there comes the real speed (9,7 Mbps), but connecting by the router, the speed is 1/20 of what should be.

Before my travel i was using it normal, and no one has changed any configuration.

So i've updated to the last firmware avaliable on the website.

So i've rebooted it and the "configuration" LED keeps flashing...

I would like to know if this led flashing is normal: (here is a video that i've done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoSTOCf2lyM) and what could be happening.

ps: connecting by cable, the internet speed is also the same (even after the factory settings reset)...
Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow internet speed using router
2013-01-17 10:38:03
"configuration" LED means System LED?
It is normal to be flashing.
On page 4, there is detailed description. http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/document/TL-WR841ND_V8_User_Guide.pdf
Options
2014-12-31 06:53:22
I have similar experience. For some reason I am getting less than 0.5Mbit/sec even when I connect laptop directly to the router by using the cable.

If I bypass the router, I get at least 6Mbit/sec. What might be causing this 10 times slow-down.

br
pt_jr, Finland
Options
2015-01-05 16:01:00
pt_jr, the model number is the same?
Latest firmware already?
Tried a different PC to test the speed?
Options