Cant connect PS4 controller to UB-400 bluetooth dongle cant pair.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-10 19:58:49 - last edited 2020-03-10 20:12:28

I plugged it in but it cant seem to pair my controller please help

Options
8 Reply
Re:Cant connect PS4 controller to UB-400 bluetooth dongle cant pair.
2020-03-11 01:54:43

@RyanNL 

Hello, please refer to the instruction below to do some settings. What's the operating system of your computer?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2743/

Good day.

Options
2020-03-11 17:40:43

@RyanNL Well i have a windows 10 machine, its just that i cant pair my controller after i try to connect it too the bluetooth dongle. I have downloaded the playstations remote play but thats not what im trying to accomplish. That software is used to control your ps4 from your computer i am just simply trying to connect my controller to my pc :D

Options
2020-03-13 02:22:21

@RyanNL 

Hi, that instruction is to help you connect/pair your computer to the controller with the UB400. After you download the RemotePlayInstaller.exe, you can refer to the steps below to pair the computer to the controller(there is an expansion content in the FAQ).

1. Double-click the Bluetooth icon on the menu.

2. For Windows 8/8.1, skip this step. For Windows 10, click Add Bluetooth or other device to scan for your controller.

3. Select your device from the list and follow the onscreen instructions to complete pairing.

Options
2020-03-13 21:48:48

@Stella.Q I wish i could do that but.....

There is no slider stella :(

File:
Screenshot_1.pngDownload
Options
2020-03-16 07:53:10

@RyanNL 

It looks like the adapter didn't install the driver successfully, please download the driver from the official website and install it manually.

Note:

1. DISABLE the built-in Bluetooth before using UB400/UB4A if your computer has the built-in Bluetooth. (Open Device Manager and right-click on the built-in Bluetooth adapter of your PC and then click Disable device)

2. To properly use UB400/UB4A, please remove all third-party Bluetooth drivers or programs, especially CSR harmony software.

3. Turn off the firewall and antivirus when installing the driver.

Here are some common troubleshooting tips for this adapter.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2316/

Options
2020-03-20 22:36:26
Hey Stella. Doesnt the bluetooth dongle use the csr bluetooth drivers beacuse that is what i installed when i downloaded the driver
Options
2020-05-21 18:34:21

@Stella.Q 

Hi. Is it possible to connect a PS4 controller to a laptop running Windows 7 using the TP-Link UB400? 

I have already installed the driver for the UB400 however the UB400 can't find the controller. Below are the steps I have gone through:

• Press and hold the Share and Plastation Button until the controller is in pairing mode
  • Right click the CSR Bluetooth Icon in the task bar on my computer
  • Naviagte to Add Bluetooth Device-All
  • Computer searches for bluetooth device - Does not find controller

At this point I'm starting to think it is not possible with Windows 7, is this a correct assumption?

Side Note: I was able to get the controller connected on a Windows 10 Desktop.

Thank you.

Options
2020-07-08 16:29:25 - last edited 2020-07-08 16:54:55

@RyanNL The same here, but in Win7 x64. CSR drivers installed. BT icon appears. DualShock4 found on search, but then an error occurs during pairing ("No response during pairing").  I suspect that Win7 x64 is the problem.

EDIT: I tried on a Win10 x64 laptop to discard UB400 malfunctioning, disabling first the integrated BT, but when I connect the TPLink UB400 dongle, it says "Error on controller", and on the Device Manager appears with yelow marc and "Device could not initiate". I reset the laptop and the TPLInk apears on Device Manager without yellow mark, but DualShock didn't aperared.

In the end, I was only able to pair the DualShock4 on the Win10 laptop using the laptop internal Bluetooth.

On thw WIn7 x64 PC, with the TPLink UB400 I was able to pair my cheap Android 8.1 smartphone so I imagine the TPLing dongle works... but no the DuelShock4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11728

Replies: 8

Related Articles