WDR4300 + USB = Can't access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-17 07:56:07
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Well, I think the image below will clarify the issue:

This is how it is suppossed to look USB Settings -> Storage settings:

This is how it looks:

As you can see, the option "Open the disk" does not appear. I've contacted the support and, after one e-mail, they've not responded any of my questions. I've tried three different pendrives and with all the issue is the same. Also, I've updated the firmware to the latest with no luck.

I suppose that if I don't receive an answer I'll send the router for RMA since the primary reason that I've bought it was the possibility to use usb drives and access them from any PC in my net.

Anyone had this issue?
Thanks!
Marcos
Options
2 Reply
Re:WDR4300 + USB = Can't access
2013-01-17 09:00:23
Hi Marcos,your firmware version is TL-WDR4300_V1_120810? As I know, open the disk feature is removed from 120810 because of its requirement for web browser, or whatever.
Actually, you can check details description (on the right side of that page) to access your disk in some other way if you don't mind.
Options
Re:WDR4300 + USB = Can't access
2013-01-17 10:32:03
Hey Mavis, thanks a lot for your reply!

I've tried again following the instructions you mentioned and now it works! I'm not sure if it was the firmware update (I've been using 120810 til a few days ago when I've installed 121225) but now I can access the drive.

Thanks again!
File:
Instructions.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 2

Related Articles