Help! Setting up Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-18 00:30:49
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.17 Build 120426 Rel.29216n

ISP : Plusnet

Hello,

I don't suppose someone could help me out?

I have the router (as above/below) and I'm trying to limit access to my Vonage VOIP telephone.
Basically I only want to allow incoming access (or out as well, thats fine) between 10.30am and 6.30pm (and other rules based on days).

So what I have done is setup a rule with the Host set to the routers MAC address.
I then set the target to the IP of the Vonage box.
In the test, I've set "deny" all day Monday (today).

However, when I ring the phone number it still goes through and makes the phone ring (via the vonage box).

Any idea how I can basically disabled access to the vonage network box between X times of the day?

(I work from home and don't want the phone ringing when I'm in bed or out of hours)

TIA
Options
5 Reply
Re:Help! Setting up Access Control
2013-06-20 14:14:03
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=359 This is the instruction on how to set up the Access Control. For your case, you need enter the Target Entry as IP address and then Ip address, leave it as blank but the port rang must be 1-65535. At the main page, you need select deny the packets specified to pass through the router.
Options
2013-06-20 18:51:52
Thank you for the reply.

Do you mean set the Host to a blank IP Address and the Target IP as the Vonage box?

It won't allow me to leave the Host IP Address box blank.

Update:

Ive also tried it the other way around. Either way, the phone rings out and the phone receives incoming calls no matter what I put.

[URL=http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=568doo0732urgpo8zab8.png]
Update 2:

Following the guides I tried to deny access ALL day EVERY day from my PC to Google.
This DOES NOT WORK either. The rules are completely ignored no matter what they are, which way they go and which device.

Changing the default to "allow", BLOCKS ALL devices on the network. Adding a rule to contravene this DOES NOTHING
Options
2013-06-21 15:06:17
You may set the access control like this

Options
2013-06-21 15:56:43
:o Vic is right! But i am not sure what are that ip means? Also the target port?
Options
2013-06-21 23:09:16
Thank you I will try that.

But surely you can set access control for devices on the network ..... what if I want my NAS full of music and video only accesible on the LAN during 10am-5pm (for example)?

Oh also, I tried blocking my devices for "google.com" as per the guidelines and that didn't work either
Options