Does the AC1750 Archer C7 Wireless access point firmware use WPA/WPA2 Enterprise PEAP encryption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does the AC1750 Archer C7 Wireless access point firmware use WPA/WPA2 Enterprise PEAP encryption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-19 12:03:30
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180114 Rel.39265n

Good day.

Does the TP-Link AC1750 Archer C7 V2 firmware wireless security configure to WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Encryption PEAP, or is there a way to configure the security encryption to appear as PEAP?

Our university dormitory has outdoor wireless access points all over campus that use PEAP allowing our mobile devices to connect directly to the internet without the need to go to the device browser for accessing the Web Proxy to login our username and password so we can instantly connect to the internet anywhere on campus. My issue is the nearest access point is not near enough to my dormitory for my mobile devices to stay connected thus forcing me to have purchased my own AP to connect in my apartment so that it has a 70+ to 100+ signal throughout my entire apartment. As you may have already surmized, this forces all devices to open a web browser, login to the proxy server for access to the internet, which, by the way, has an 8-hour timeout, so if I am in the middle of anything internet related at the end of that 8 hours, I am instantly disconnected and must reopen the browser, login to the web proxy and regain access the to the internet.

I would like to configure my Archer C7 WPA/WPA Enterprise so that it contains my username and password allowing me to remain online until I disconnect myself.

Thank you for any thought, ideas, or suggestions to help fix this issue.

Best regards,

Cole

Options