Deco X60 Weak Speed between two Deco using Wifi 6 Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-19 14:22:23 - last edited 2020-03-20 10:48:21
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Deco X60(EU)_V1_200219

Hi, 

I'm posting here because i just received my brand new deco X60 system (was so happy ^^) and there is a catch.. 

Indeed, i'm suprised to see that the speed between two deco using the wifi 6 backhaul is a bit dissapointing, you'll find a plan of my house in attachement.

I don't have any problem with the wired slave deco (2nd deco on the plan) but the 3rd deco which is Wifi 6 Backhaul connected delivers "only" a speed of 260 ~300Mbits max in Wifi AC while the 2nd wired deco delivers 550Mbits/s constantly to my Wifi AC Devices

I try to reduce the distance between the main deco and the 3rd slave deco but the results are the same, it seems to cap the speed (260 ~300Mbits max).

Even worse i try (just to test) to put the 3rd slave deco in the Bedroom 3 on the plan, i was suprised to see that it was connected to the main deco while the 2nd slave deco was much closer (isn't it supposed to connect to the closer deco ? ) ....

To give you a clear idea of the problem, to test, I put the 3rd slave deco to a place where my OP6 Phone got a speed of 550Mbits/s in Wifi AC (so you will agree that the slave deco is supposed to get at least the same speed from the deco which give to my OP6 550Mbits/s) but the 3rd deco gives me a maximum speed of 300Mbits/s :/ 

I'll be happy to help you if you need to run some test on my deco unit remotly / try new firmware. 

Hope you'll be able to solve this :)

Thomas

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1760

Replies: 0