Deco M9 Plus - USB Port and DLNA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-21 00:54:32
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build20191014 Rel 42025

I just bought M9 Plus from costco and setup, wifi works fine.

However after my connected my USB Flash Drive (1 TB) to the USB port I dont see anyway of accessing the content nor the Deco TPLink Android app has any function how to control access to this USB Drive, as well as how to access this through DLNA.

Does M9 Plus support DLNA - for other devices (Smart TVs, MusicApps) to connect to this drive through DLNA ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus - USB Port and DLNA
2020-03-21 16:20:12

@SamWashDC from what I can tell not yet, but it is reserved for such a feature in the future. For now you can just charge devices with it. 

Hopefully soon though :D

Options
2020-12-29 07:40:41

@MagicianThing 

I confirm having the same since I have setup the M9 I cannot see the music from my synology on my Dabman radio when it was working before.

Options
2020-12-29 18:01:12

@SamWashDC  Thank You, folks.

I gave up using the USB ports to attach SSD/HDD drives and use DLNA - not just with TPLink, tried NetGear too - always had issues with DLNA support.

I learnt from experience that depending on Router USB ports for DLNA or HDD/SSD Share will not be viable long time since almost all brands of Mesh Routers do not come with USB ports.
Hence I choose Synology NAS which has in-built HDDs as well as USB ports to add external HDD/SSD - this has DLNA as well as all other File Share Options - NFS/SMB etc, and additional apps to sync from Mobile devices to NAS.

Life has become much easier with this... Late learning but worth it :-)

Options
2022-02-09 12:24:27

@MagicianThing 

what they said 2 years ago:

Kevin_Z

2019-08-26 06:52:59 - last edited 2019-08-28 04:22:31

Re:Deco M9 Plus USB-Solution

@kelvinyu03 

Hello, the Deco M9 plus has an extra USB 2.0 port. While there is no software functions added for the USB 2.0 port yet. It's reserved for adding file sharing features in future firmware updates.

However, the USB 2.0 can charge some mobile devices such as phones.

May it help and have a nice day. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/168672

What they are saying now:

TP-Link

Yesterday

Re:Deco m9 - USB ports

@dgazaille 

Hi, as far as I know, no, there has been no further plan about network storage yet and it is still only used as a USB charging port.

false advertisement as always from @TP-Link 

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4054

Replies: 4

Related Articles