Archer c1200 Router Wake On Lan (Internet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-22 11:50:15
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've looked on the forums and I'm still not entirely clear on what needs to be done.

So I can wake on lan from the internet now and probably got at least an hour or so. I think I've configured the ARP to be bound correctly and I believe I've reserved my IP address.

I bought this to replace a virgin hub 3.0 which cleared the ARP after 15 minutes and I couldn't get it to save it.

So now I can wake my PC from shutdown via the internet. I can't after a night of it being shut down. I can wake it from shutdown after that time if I do it via the local wifi network. So I'm thinking It's not an issue with my PC shutting down the ethernet etc.

I did see someone say you could use a third party software and broadcast it but it is a safety issue. I'm not super tech savy so should I just try leaving my PC in hibernation mode instead (I haven't actually tested if it works either yet though)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c1200 Router Wake On Lan (Internet)
2020-03-22 11:51:04

oh and thank you in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 1

Related Articles