Missin clients in router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Missin clients in router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Missin clients in router
Missin clients in router
2020-03-22 15:24:59 - last edited 2020-03-27 09:21:11
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone i have an caddx alarm systme which is connected with an NX-595E module. The module allows the alarm system to be controlled via the

internet and it is connected to the router via ethernet. Also the module has a static ip address.

The problem is that the module doesnt appear in the wired clients list of the router.

My old Thompson router was working out of the box with the alarm system and it was a 15 old router which costs 1/5 of the VR2800.

Any idea?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Missin clients in router-Solution
2020-03-26 11:24:03 - last edited 2020-03-27 09:21:11

@Stella.Q 

I have figured out a solution by reprogramming again the whole alarm system and the cloud service.

One last question, where can i report a bug? I beleive the issue with the static ip clients must be fixed.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Missin clients in router
2020-03-23 06:02:27

@alepapadop 

Usually, the client will not show up on the router's DHCP list if you set up a static IP address on it, it just shows up the clients with dynamic IP.

Even though you can not see the module on the router, it should be working, does it work? Can you ping through the module's IP address on your computer? You can refer to the instruction below to ping. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Options
2020-03-23 07:30:15 - last edited 2020-03-23 07:31:25

@Stella.Q

I can ping the alarm module and also I can access the web interface from the LAN, but I cannot connect from the WAN (i mean via the internet), the router is rejecting any connection. I have created a "Virtual Server" an "Address Reservation" and enabled the "DMZ" for the alarm module in the tplink router settings but I had no luck. Well, I think I will be forced to reconnect my old thomson router as a modem and use the tplink only as a access point. This is so disapointing. What is your return policy?

I strongly beleieve a bug report ticked must be created for the issue with the clients. Any device connected to the router is a client and not only the devices that get an ip addresses via dhcp.

Options
2020-03-24 07:36:56

@alepapadop 

We can do some troubleshooting about this case. Would you please send us the Virtual Server settings page and the Advanced--Status page?

You mentioned you can access the web interface of the alarm module in LAN, would you please send us a screenshot of it? What's the alarm module's IP address, default gateway and DNS server?

Besides, confirm with the internet service provider and make sure they didn't block that port on their end.

For the warranty policy, you may need to contact the tech support to check.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day.

Options
Re:Missin clients in router-Solution
2020-03-26 11:24:03 - last edited 2020-03-27 09:21:11

@Stella.Q 

I have figured out a solution by reprogramming again the whole alarm system and the cloud service.

One last question, where can i report a bug? I beleive the issue with the static ip clients must be fixed.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-03-27 09:20:57

@alepapadop 

Glad to hear that it works.

Regarding the static IP issue, we will feedback to our product engineer and then they will work on and evaluate it.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 896

Replies: 5