Archer T4U adapter not detected on Manjaro Linux

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 15:37:39 - last edited 2020-03-23 15:39:23
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have been trying to use the Archer T4U adapter on my 5.5.8-1 Manjaro PC, without success so far.

I have installed the appropriate driver as per the instructions of this Github page (including the DKMS setup). 

However, my computer has completely failed to detect the adapter when plugged in, I am unable to detect any wireless networks, and its green LED doesn't light up either. Since I didn't have USB3.0 ports on my computer before, the adapter is plugged in through a PCIe USB3.0 card.

I have determined that the problem is from the Linux side through the following observations

1. Another USB3.0 (an external disk drive) device has been detected properly on the same ports
  2. My computer is set-up with dual boot, so I tested the adapter on Windows 10. There were no issues, the adapter was detected, the LED lit up, and after automatically updating the driver I was able to see and connect to wireless networks completely fine.

I can provide any necessary information, thank you for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1112

Replies: 0