TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Disconnects from WiFi randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 18:53:15
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.0

I have recently bought a  TP-LINK TL-WN881ND wifi adapter for my pc, it has worked for a few days but has recently started to disconect from the WiFi network.

When I turn the WiFi off and on it starts to function again.

I have allreadi tried to re-install the drivers an this did not help.

Does someone know what to do about this problem?

Options
21 Reply
Re: TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Disconnects from WiFi randomly
2020-03-30 04:18:03 - last edited 2020-03-30 04:18:52

@MaikelvH 

We will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

How often does it happen?  What's the operating system of your PC? What about the wireless signal strength? How far away does it from the main router?

What about other wireless devices? Do they have the same issue?

Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router, like the wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width as 20MHz; 

Try to reinstall the driver from the official website. 

Besides, try to change another slot or another computer to do a comparative analysis. Below is an instruction you can refer to as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2241/

Have a nice day.

Options
2020-03-31 10:16:35

@Stella.Q 

The problem happens around 3 or 4 times an hour.

My pc is running win 10.

The wireless signal strenght is maximum and my pc is about 4 meter away from the main router.

All my other devices do not have internet problems.

I have reinstalled the drivers twice and I have rebooted the pc after reinstalling.

I hope that I have answered your questions and that you have enough information.

Options
2020-04-02 08:48:11

@MaikelvH Thanks for the info. Did you change the channel and channel width on the router?

Options
2020-04-03 06:24:29

@Stella.Q 

I did change it and it did not make any difference.

The card also makes a terrible noise, that is why I have removed it just now.

Options
2020-04-05 16:26:57

@Stella.Q 

I have exactly the same problem @MaikelvH has. It happens 4 times or even more per hour, Win 10, maximum wifi signal, no other devices affected...

I have also tried to reinstall drivers from both the CD and the web page and nothing worked, same with the settings of the router.

I hope we can find a solution because this is really annoying sad.

Thank you!

Options
2020-04-05 16:30:18

@Lucia_olice-99. 

I have made a return claim and I have ordered a asus PCI-E wifi card because I don't want to have the same problem again.

Options
2020-05-05 20:39:56

@MaikelvH exact same thing! Guessing something to do with latest windows 10 updates. Was working fine the other day, and then constant drop outs all today.

tried restting our sky router and now it won't connect to wifi at all! All my other devices have no problem. 

Can't download the very latests level of windows 10 as there is now no network at all!

Very VERY frustrating

Options
2020-05-21 02:37:20
Hi, did the asus card resolved your problem? I am encountering the same issue and it happened since the day I bought this and it's really painful
Options
2020-05-21 06:03:10

@DucTran 

At first tge asus card did not fix the main problem, but it did fix the problem that was a low pitched humming sound.  I ran a ethernet cable through the house and did not try the wifi connection for a few weeks but my wifi does work flawlessly.

I gues it had to do with the windows updates because i have updated my windows in he past week.

Options
2020-05-21 11:25:08

@MaikelvH , I have the same issue! A got a brand new PCIe device (WN881ND). I can't stay connected 10 minutes without get connection lost. :-(.
One good information is about the driver. I'm a Unix user too... on this enviroment, the OS got the Realtek Semiconductor CO RTL 8192EE PCIe Wireless driver. It worked fine. But, when I come to the WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits, the device does not work property.
I'll call to support today. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 11180

Replies: 21