Max speed capped

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Max speed capped

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Max speed capped
Max speed capped
2020-03-29 12:52:22
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 (latest)

Hello everyone,

I don't know where to start so I'll just jump right in. I've got a 250/25 mbps connection speed but my router doesn't allow me to achieve this.

If I'm lucky I can get about 130 over 5ghz or cabled. Sometimes it dips down to 50 or even 30.

Now, I've tried many different things, changing the cable to the modem, chaning various settings, etc.

At some point I just decided to backup a copy of the settings and do a reset. That's when I was able to download a game on steam with a top of ~28 mb/s!

Great! The reset worked and now I've just got to troubleshoot which setting was the culprit. But alas, after not even half an hour the connection speed dropped again and now I can't even replicate the 'solution'.

This was last night, and this morning when I continued the download it went up to 18 mb/s which is very reasonable, I would be happy with these speeds but this did not last yet again.

The speeds are just as irregular on my laptop and server as well.

I know these speeds aren't terrible but I hate the fact they are all over the place.

A bit of fluctuation over wifi is expected but this is insane. Paired with the fact I can't get more than half of what I'm supposed to wired tells me there is something very wrong.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Max speed capped
2020-03-29 21:06:39 - last edited 2020-03-29 21:08:30

@crashmaker Two recommendations:

-1- Benchmark with wired connection, not wireless.

-2- Set your NAT Boost to ON, in the settings, this is req'd for BW higher than 100mbps.

To set nat boost, on my C7 firmware, I do:

Advanced / System Tools / System Parameters

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1499

Replies: 1

Related Articles