Archer T2U AC600 Keeps disconecting after startup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 22:55:16
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello

Since my laptop wifi stopped work, i bought the TP LINK ARCHER T2U AC600 to use as my USB wifi adapter, i have been using for more than a year now but lately i have been facing a problem.

I always leave the adapter plugged in my USB port, so everytime i boot up my PC for the first time in the day, the adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting itself without stopping ultil i unplug it. But then when i plug it again the problem persists and i have to keep unpluging and plugin it again until suddenly start working and stops disconnecting. (today was more than 30 minutes doing this...)

sometimes during this process the computer stops recognize the adapter, then i have to turn off the PC and start all over again.

this seems to get worse every day, i already reinstalled windows 2 times but the problem still remain.

I noticed this only happens in the first time i startup the PC in the day, after a long period turned off.

anyone has a clue if there is some way to solve this without buying a new PC or a new adapter?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T2U AC600 Keeps disconecting after startup
2020-03-30 04:13:37

@Storm927 

What's the operating system of your computer? Did you download any new application on the computer recently? Such as some antivirus software.

Please turn off the firewall or antivirus on the computer, try to use the adapter on another USB port, or use the adapter on another computer to do a comparison test.

Besides, you can reinstall the driver with the link below.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/adapter/archer-t2u/

Have a good day.

Options
Re:Archer T2U AC600 Keeps disconecting after startup
2020-03-31 23:17:16

@Stella.Q hello, thanks for the answer

It's Windows 10, I recently made a fresh installation of the OS to try to solve this problem, so the PC is almost empty, don't have any other antivirus besides Windows Defender.

for the last 2 days i've tried what you said but none of the possible solutions solved the issue,  the only thing i was unable to do it was the test on another PC, because i don't have any other here right now.

Options