Signal within the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Signal within the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Signal within the house
Signal within the house
2013-01-19 23:39:55
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.17 Build 120426 Rel.29216n

ISP : Sky

Hi there

I have been using sky broadband for several years and I have always been disappointed with the signal that the router transmitted. The signal would always be low when I would sit in the garden. The router is at the front of the house.

I was told that if I purchased at good router rather than stay with the bog standard sky router which is provided, the signal would be better.
I have bought a tp link wdr4300 and unfortunately there is no difference in signal.

Steps I took.

I am using the sky router as a modem, the wifi is turned off leaving the tp link router detectable. I turned the DHCP off. This was recomended by sky.

The router is placed down stairs at the front of the house and I am currently upstairs, out of 5 bars on my signal strength i am receiving only 3. I am probably 15metres away.

From the garden the signal only has to go through 2 walls and the distance is about 14metres.

Any ideas as I feel I have just wasted 90pounds
Options
1 Reply
Re:Signal within the house
2013-01-20 14:52:51
you can try to set up wds bridge to extend the wireless range: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=440
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 1

Related Articles