TP-Link WR840N V2 as Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 11:35:54 - last edited 2020-04-07 09:11:31
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: EU 3.16.9

Hi,
I hope you guys can help me.
I found my TP-Link WR840N V2 Router in my stuff and would like to use it as a repeater/range extender for my home. 
I searched the internet for solutions and the only possible way I found is to enable WDS Bridging, change IP and disable DHCP.
Tried that but every time I change the IP and reboot the router I can't log back in (of course via the new IP). Also the bridge is not working. Only thing I can do is to reset the router. Of course I tried installing the newest firmware.

What am I doing wrong? It seems that newer Versions support repeater mode - why not mine?

Thanks

paz

Specifications:
TP-Link WR840N V2
Firmware: EU 3.16.9

Edit:

Found out it's not working after changing the IP but after disabling DHCP. After that I cannot access the router menu. Also looking for connected devices in the root AP menu the WR840N is not listed. So it's not connecting to the router... 

Help please! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link WR840N V2 as Repeater
2020-07-28 20:32:21

@paz did the same exact things. i too have the same ques as you. why not mine? did update n everything. let me know if any solution is found. thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 4477

Replies: 1

Related Articles