!!! Correction plan for consumer reported faults? !!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 13:01:29 - last edited 2020-04-05 20:19:42
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello TP-Link Support/Kevin

this is my first post on this forum, although I must admit I have been following many discussions in here over the last few months. And reason for that being - I became "lucky" owner of 2-pack of M4 V2 some time ago, and I needed to find out if it's only me who sees pretty many product defficiencies. I don't want to go into the details of each and every of these, as different threads in this forum already confirmed to me that these findings are not working/not existing in the current version of my M4. My question is then different, more generic and probably answer to it would help to many others in this community also. So here it goes....

In different threads, you are answering to buyers of TP-Link products, that this and that issue will be forwarded to Product Management/R&D/whatsoever organization TP-Link is using. Sometimes we hear that particular bug (let's start naming the facts as they are, so in many cases we are not talking about issues/limitations/"works-as-designed"/extra features but simply SW bugs, and please remember one of the subcategories of bugs is also "design fault") will be corrected in some future firmware where there is no even release ETA.

Therefore, representing all those who face similar challenges, I would like to use this tread to hear from you:

- which of the problems discussed in this forum has been accepted by TP-LInk as consumer-reported faults and are directed for fixing?

- what is the correction plan for all such accepted faults? What is the target firmware version when they will be fully or partially resolved?

- what is the firmware release roadmap, i.e. when is the next firmware coming for each Deco model? 

Sorry guys, but I try to believe you have any sort of maintenance management over there, and you must have a backlog of items your R&D is working on, and you must have decision makers who decide what to fix (and what not), what new features to deliver, how to prioritze different items etc.

Please start working on a proper customer communication, at least related to bug fixes. As many people said in this forum, your Deco products seem to be fairly unready when they are released, but fine, this may be the way whole SW world works in the era of Agile/SAfE/DevOps/etc. But this can't be an explanation or excuse to not to give clear guideance to consumers (who btw pay your salaries) about when the products they purchased will become mature enough. At least to me, if the current situation doesn't improve, you can be sure I'll never again invest my money into TP-Link products. 

I hope to get this message threated seriously.

BRs

PawelG

Options
4 Reply
Re:!!! Correction plan for consumer reported faults? !!!
2020-04-06 19:10:51
Hello TP-Link Support any feedback please? BRs PawelG
Options
2020-04-08 07:44:01
Hello TP-Link support/Kevin Yet another reminder for the answer, please. BR PawelG
Options
2020-04-09 18:38:02
Hi TP-Link a few days passed and no reply. This tells a lot about your customer service, which quality seems to follow the one of your products. I'm done in here and therefore I release any hope you can deliver SW corrections & improvements that would make your products mature, usable and worth recommending to the others. I can't do much more than telling you this feedback and making sure I'm not sponsoring anymore your salaries. Bye! PawelG
Options
2020-04-09 21:48:11

@Kevin_Z 

we hope we can get some response from TP-Link team about this. 

This is an EXCELLENT suggestion and I saw many other participants also asked for this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 795

Replies: 4