RE200 connected but not on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 07:55:47 - last edited 2020-04-05 07:57:32
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

I recently reset my RE200 after some things stopped working and am trying to set it up properly again.

It's connected to my main router (A netgear nighthawk R7000) and a NAS is connected to the RE200 using the ethernet port.

The RE200 set up in extended mode with a different network name. I only connect to my netgear router using wifi and never to the RE200 because I only use the RE200 to connect the NAS to the network.

I expect the NAS to be reachable from anywhere in my network, while connected to the main router. I can't though.

This *was* the case before so I know it's possible.

(It is reachable when I connect to the RE200 wifi but I don't want that)

I tried everything, from setting it up with or without WPS to using different subnets, turning off DHCP on the RE200, static ips.. Nothing works.

Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 connected but not on same network
2020-04-05 10:36:04

@Lobo83 

I managed to get it to work! Replying so it might help someone else.

I think there is a bug somewhere in the RE200.

I always connected to my 5ghz network or both the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks but this resulted in ip / dhcp errors.

If I reset the RE200 and only set up a 2.4ghz connection the automatic ip and dhcp settings work properly and everything seems to work!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 709

Replies: 1

Related Articles