TP-W7960 - Standalone router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-06 18:10:13
Model: TC-W7960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi I have a probably very simple question:

Since Covid-19 my partner and I are working at home.  We've been using the Modem/Router combo for the last 2 years and it was great, but we're moving to a buisness class account and hand to change the modem to do so. 

I'm trying to findout if I can use my existing TP-link as a standalone Router for WiFi/LAN, but it isn't clear to me how to set this up, or if it's possible with this version of the device.

Help, please?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-W7960 - Standalone router
2020-04-06 20:00:47

@swashknuckle I guess you can use it as an Ethernet switch and as WiFi access point. It doesn't have WAN connection, but for LAN no problem.

If you already have a router handling both DHCP and the Internet connection, all you have to do in your TP Link device to turn it into an access point is:

- assign a Network IP address that is in your main router's subnet but outside DHCP range.

- disable DHCP Server.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1