Bit disappointed. No UPnP settings, IGMP settings, no localized settings.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-06 21:35:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

Tried to set my M9 Plus as main router, but had to switch back to AP mode and reconnect my ISP's router to get IPTV signal back. There is no way to check IGMP status in the app, 

I really miss settings on the M9. Why are there no UPnP settings? The ISP-router complains about the M9 setting itself as UPnP gateway:

(There is detected equipment that announces itself as a UPnP gateway on my local network. This can create problems for services like f. ex. T-WE (IPTV))

I have 300/300 fiber with IPTV from the largest ISP/TV-provider here in Norway; Telenor. The only settings for IPTV in the app is Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore? And the IPTV setting in the app is not very helpful when you have to use the only available ethernet port solely for IPTV. What about ethernet backhaul?

Is this system mature enough to sell to people that just want's to have a trouble-free mesh setup in a normal house?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bit disappointed. No UPnP settings, IGMP settings, no localized settings.
2020-10-13 09:36:09
I have just now ended up with the same experience ... Tried first to order without the Telenor router which they said should be "no problem to use own router" - and a lot of testing an frustration why different T-we apps did not work - before I had to order also their own router - of course with an additional monthly rental cost ... Any solutions here - ?
Options
Re:Bit disappointed. No UPnP settings, IGMP settings, no localized settings.
2020-10-13 16:41:15

@roarhe 
Did you try to update the Decos to fw. 1.4.3? Needs to be done from a PC with M9 Plus upgrade tool.
Downloaded the tool from here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility
and the firmware from here: https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

My M9s are still in AP mode, and the new firmware didn't help with disabling UPnP in this mode. Perhaps you will have more luck in router mode? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 903

Replies: 2