Failed to Obtain IP Address.... Please help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 14:03:35 - last edited 2020-04-07 14:05:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.44 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

I have been using the Deco M5 system for a few days. It is the 5th day now and all of a sudden I have some devices that are not Obtaining IP addrresses automatically. One in particular is an HP laptop with Windows 10. It was working wired and wireless for the past 4 days but today it started struggling. I was able to temporarily get Wired connection to work by changing security setting in Windows 10 from AES to TKIP. However, when reconnecting later on it jumped back to AES and I no longer see the option to change it again. Wireless doesn't even have any options for me to change. 

I also have an iPad mini that failed to obtain an IP address. I did get that online by rebooting the main router. I hope I do not need to do this every single day. 

I also want to stay in Router mode as the main unit is connected to ONT. Something is definitely off with DHCP server. Can I even change the range from 192.168.68.100 - 250... I would mess with it but today me and my wife are both working from home and this all needs to work without heacahces. QOS is also set to standard. One thing that I can only guess is that I'm using the Same SSID/network name as previous router - however, I did release DHCP prior to installing this. An option I don't even see on this Deco..

I really want to like this product. Can someone assist me? I'll try to do another reboot today when I have a moment. Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Failed to Obtain IP Address.... Please help
2020-04-07 15:06:51 - last edited 2020-04-07 15:30:37

I might have discovered something but I'll monitor the situation. I was using a 5th gen Apple Extreme as a switch, something I've always done even with previous Verizon router, and although it was working fine for days today it seems to not like my laptop. No problems with TV and Xbox that was also connected to it. In the meantime, I've switched to a 5 port unmanaged switch and just like that my laptop wants to work. Hmm... I'll keep an eye on it as I said.

EDIT: although, that doesn't explain either why my MacBooka and Samsung phone couldn't connect to wifi and obtain IP address. Had to reboot the main router once again to get it to work. if I have to do that again later on today, tomorrow, the day after, I might have to consider setting another node as the main router. Worst case scenario reconsider another mesh router, which I don't want to do as I love TP-Link. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2138

Replies: 1