connection problems with Deco P9 AC1200 w/ Powerline AV1000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 14:11:19
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

I've had my Deco units set up for about a month. For the first few weeks everything worked perfectly, but in the last week I've been having constant issues. Almost every day, a different device on my network looses internet connection and can't get back online without me unplugging/replugging the main deco unit. It's never the same device that goes offline and when one device goes offline all of the others are still online and working properly. For example, the first day it was my mobile phone, the second day it was an iPod Touch, the third day it was a laptop, the fourth day it was a different laptop. So every day I'm resetting the network to get a different device back online.

My current setup:

Hitron CODA-4582U in bridge mode

Main Deco P9 unit connected to the Hitron via ethernet cable - configured as router

2 Deco P9 slave units connected via powerline on different floors.

I've tried googling for solutions, but can't seem to find any information on this particular problem. Most fixes I've found are for issues where 1 specific device has a constant problem or where there are general connectivity issues across all devices. I'm not sure how to approach this. Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:connection problems with Deco P9 AC1200 w/ Powerline AV1000
2020-04-07 14:46:32

@jf0008 I don't know but I have a similair issue but different setup...

Deco in access point mode (2 slave units and one master) and linked to a Huawei router that is providing DHCP etc....

I am finding that on my android mobile, especially when I move from room to room (and presumedly move which Deco I am connected to) , the wif wont reconnect and I get stucj at obtaining IP address...

Is this the problem you are getting?

Options
Re:connection problems with Deco P9 AC1200 w/ Powerline AV1000
2020-04-07 14:48:32

@Oidsman No, that's not the same issue I'm having

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 2

Related Articles