SSH, port mirroring, etc - what troubleshooting methods are available for this router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SSH, port mirroring, etc - what troubleshooting methods are available for this router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-09 09:05:36
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all!

I am currently facing intermittent network outages on my AC1200. It occurs once every 2 - 3 days, and a reboot fixes it.

I'd like to set up a packet capture on the router itself to see whether it is fulfilling its end of the communication towards the ISP router during these outages, so that I know whether the issue is on my end or on their end. However, there doesn't appear to be any built in feature for this.

Has anyone worked out how to SSH into this model? If not, is there a "clean" way to perform port mirroring or something else to achieve this?

I am a little disappointed in the out-of-the-box features on this model honestly, but that is probably my own fault for not doing my research.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SSH, port mirroring, etc - what troubleshooting methods are available for this router?
2020-04-10 02:55:45

@ncowz 

Hi, the Archer C1200 does not support SSH or port mirror, you can use some third party software to capture the packets, like Wireshark. 

And as for the intermittent network connection, you can connect your computer to the modem directly when C1200 stops working and verify whether you can access internet. 

And you can change some settings on the main router to improve its performance, like wireless channel and channel width. The firmware should be the latest one.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 1