T6E wont connect at more than 54Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-12 14:28:02
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am connecting my Archer T6E wifi card to an Archer A7 v5 router and neither the 2.4ghz or 5ghz wireless networks will connect at more than 54Mbps (this is indicated on the wireless network connection status).

This means I get 10-15Mbps on an internet speed test. (My broadband is 150Mbps fibre)

I am using the latest drivers on my PC downloaded from TP link (Archer T6E_V1_151105), the router has the latest firmware (1.0.11 Build 20190810 rel.50990(4555))

I have connected my phone to the router and this gets 120-150Mbps on the same speed test site (https://www.speedtest.net/), so I conclude it must be a problem with the card in the PC.

Wifi signal is fine. PC/Wifi card is brand new. OS is Windows 10, all patched upto date.

Any help greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:T6E wont connect at more than 54Mbps
2020-04-16 11:35:04

@Freezeframe 

I currently have another problem with a T6E and over the course of trying to solve it I have come across a lot of suggestions for fixing speed and thought you might try some of these to see if it resolves your particular issue. (Mine is NOT solved unfortunately :()

1) In windows 10 you can reset you network setup. Select Internet and network settings and select "Network reset".

2) You can right click you wifi network (that you have selected) and select "Forget network". Then reconnect to it.

3) If you have any bluetooth adapters in your PC you may want to try and disable them. This might only be for 2.4ghz wifi issues though.

4) Update drivers. Let windows try and find it automatically and it will install a broadcom driver from 02-2020.

Hope some of this might help mate.

--

Verndroid

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 2