Deco P9 wishlist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 wishlist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 wishlist
Deco P9 wishlist
2020-04-15 09:22:00
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20191117 Rel. 66543

Hi,

I am using Deco P9 for my main as router setup and also having other two Deco P9 and Deco M5 for my wifi network at home. It is easy to use but however I would like to see the following desired features for Deco P9 main as router setup:

- Ability to access it via web browser locally besides only through app.

- Option to support local login instead of "cloud" login.  if TPlink site is down, does that means we are also not able to log in to manage Deco? For me, this is important, I prefer a local login then cloud login - I am not looking into managing the Deco remotely.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Deco P9 wishlist
2020-04-16 19:03:55

@ramenhero 

Hi.

How did you get firmware 1.0.4? I bought mine last month and came with 1.0.2 and the only one available on the site is even older.

And I totally agree with you. A local login is a must have. If by any chance you lose the internet connection, which has happened to me due to bad DSL quality, I can't even know the status of the Decos, to know if it's an issue with the router or the Decos

Options
2020-04-17 03:20:02 - last edited 2020-04-17 03:31:06

@jpasan I have simply just updated it through the app's "Update Deco". I just bought it a few weeks ago.

I am quite satisfied with Deco but my pet peeve is not having local sign in. Instead it has the "cloud" sign in which may be a potential issue if TP link is down and this probably means I may not be able to manage my Deco. In the light of the current covid19 situation and there are increasingly number of people having the need to telecommute from home, I hope developers will take a good look at this and provide the option of local log in. I do not need to manage it remotely.

Options
2020-04-17 10:37:37

@ramenhero 

Funny. No updates ever appeared to me. Not that I care now, I'm returning them tomorrow.

Options
2020-04-17 10:50:01

@jpasan 

likewise. Returning the whole system to Amazon. I have TP-Link a lot of patience but their inaction took me here also

Options
2020-04-17 14:24:50

@ramenhero 

I'll return with a bit of regret though. It seemed the ideal product, WiFi mesh with great coverage (that I could confirm) and with a Powerline backhaul, ideal for older houses, that don't have Ethernet already built in.

Alas, in the current state is almost unusable.

Options
2020-04-29 06:21:04

@ramenhero 

After a load of mails, I was able to get the latest Beta release. I haven't tested myself, but here is the email I received AND I got a "GO" to share it here.

If anyone is willing to try and have feedback, please let us all know!

Hi Sam,

In regards to your concern I get in touch with our Senior Engineer, the new firmware seems still under tests; I understand your feeling and the needs to get more functions on this unit; while per you know, rounds and rounds tests should be done before release it; It would be better if the firmware can be released sooner, while the capacity/performance of the firmware is more important.

Here is the Beta Firmware of the Deco P9: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202003/20200324/P9_1.0.2.zip

Deco P9 doesn't support web UI. So you will need to upgrade via local upgrade tool. The local upgrade tool and upgrade instruction is also included in the link.

Thank you.

Options
2020-04-29 08:37:53

@HopSaSam 

Thanks for sharing.

I'll give it a go when I get my new P9s. I had returned them in the meantime, but the alternative also didn't work well.

Waiting on delivery now.

Options
2020-05-13 14:17:36

@HopSaSam On the firmware download you posted (thank you!) the version is 1.0.2.  Is it really v1.0.4 on the inside?

Options
2020-05-21 00:38:10
Just a though when the new ones come ... if you have the same issue... either run a cable between 2 and another or I hate to this.. buy 1 more unit to act as a relay
Options
2020-05-22 12:56:49

@Radicor 

Unfortunately individual ones seem to be impossible to find. Only the 3-pack and 2-pack (less frequently) are available.

Because that might actually help. Yesterday the DECO farthest from the main one lost connection to the Network. Judging at the beta firmware information, it seems the whole failure was triggered by losing the Wifi connection, as after it reconnected it showed as poor, but PLC seemed well, although I don't know if there's any way to evaluate that.  Another Deco between the two should help with WiFi stabiltity, but it kind of misses the point in the P9. I got it due to having Powerline so it would have two backhaul options.

Still it would be a viable solution, if a single P9, could be found.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1697

Replies: 10