Can I use TP-Link Archer C7 v5.0 as mesh repeater.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 19:30:18
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190726 rel.57101

Hello, I own 2 Archer C7 routers, one as main main router connected to my modem and provide wireless internet connection and the second as repeater connected by wire to the main router.

Both of them has the same SSID and Password configuration.

After I upgraded both of them to the latest version I notice a new feature called "OneMesh" while exploring your website https://www.tp-link.com/il/onemesh/router/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=ui&utm_campaign=wifi-router I understand the benefit of using OneMesh technology.

Can I use one of my existing router as OneMesh repeater?

Thank you very much.

Ofer.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use TP-Link Archer C7 v5.0 as mesh repeater.
2020-04-18 06:26:05

@Ofer You can't, OneMesh is currently very very limited. Not only it does not support using two routers to create a mesh, it doesn't even support wired connection between nodes (the so called wired backhaul).

So, since you already have two routers wired, stick with the traditional router + access point way (you said repeater, I guess you meant access point, you're not repeating anything actually).

Options