RE200 jamming DHCP server work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-18 22:12:21
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20191104 Rel. 69112

Hello Everyone

I have a problem with metioned device (RE200 V4) as it seems to jam DHCP server in my network after startup.

Here is how it goes:
1) I have configured LAN network using Dasan H660GW router. Local addresses are handled by DHCP server on that device.
2) RE200 is configured as access point, serving both 2.4 and 5GHz network.
3) I am connecting RE200 to LAN and to power plug.
4) RE200 starts approprietly, all LEDs are on, WIFI available and local address acquired from DHCP server immediately (per RE200 logs)

And here problem starts, because after the sequence above:
- RE200 communicates lack of internet. I can connect to wifi, but cannot go through it to the gateway as well as not having internet connection indeed
- still devices connected to wifi can see TPLink control panel, as well as RE200 have correctly set network settings acquired from DHCP
- and here fun begins: any device in LAN, which uses addresses acquired from DHCP, looses access to internet and ability to connect to gateway. It includes for instance laptops and PCs, even if they have WIFI turned off and using wired connection.

It keeps like that for 10-15 minutes. After that time, connectivity gets back, and all devices, including WIFI, can connect to the gateway and use internet normally.

This may smell at first as a fault of router, not access point, but it happens I have also TL-WA850RE V6 repeater, configured same way - in it's case whenever I am connecting it to LAN and turning on - I am getting internet access instantly, not LAN devices are impacted and in general it's cool. RE200 is not.

Someone experienced such behavior? Am I doing something wrong? Someone from TPLink - any chance to examine this and fix in firmware or sth?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 0