Can’t acces web management page of RE 305 v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 13:14:01
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: RE305(EU)_V1_181026

Hello everybody, I was hoping someone could help me.

I have a main router (Movistar HGU) which has the DHCP enabled.

I also have two RE305 V1 and one RE305 V3 which are set to Access Point mode (they are connected through ethernet to a switch which is connected to the main router).

I have all threee with the same SSID and password, so that I don't have to manually switch when moving from different zones of the house.

The issue I'm having is that sometimes, the wifi signal of the access points goes down, I mean that there's wifi but no internet. The solution is to reset the main router.

After a couple of days going thorugh this same issue every minute and then, I decided to do some research, and found that it was very likely due to a bad configuration (the access points maybe enabled their DHCP server?).

So, I've decided to unplug the 3 access points and set them correctly, with an static IP and sisbling the DHCP server, but while doing so, I have run into the following two issues, and was hoping anyone could help me to resolve them!

1. Once I reset one of my RE305 V1, I use the tether app to set it up again (as WiFi extender, I then have to switch the mode to access point again). But the issue is that once I set it up or I set it to Access Point mode, I can't no longer access it thorugh the computer with Lan to Lan cable (Despite not having modified any DHCP setting yet). When I go to the laptop browser and go to tplinkrepeater.net, it starts to reload everytime (it does not an internet error message, but a white screen with 4 fields to fill instead), and can't never access the web management page to disable the DHCP server in Access Point mode, which is probably the reason why my internet stops working.

I have to say that this doesn't happen to my other RE305 V1, which I can set up normally and access through the browser when lan to lan comnected.

Also, I have to mention that I disconnect all other extenders when doing this process (just in case), and that I assign them a different static ip address every time:

192.168.1.1 (main router)

192.168.1.2 (RE305 V3)

192.168.1.3 (first RE305 V1)

192.168.1.4 (second RE305 V1)

I have tried to reset it to defualt fabric values multiple times and to turn it on/off, but I always get the same issue (doesn't mind if I try it lan to lan with the computer, or though tplinkrepeater.net connected to the wifi, same result)

2. On the RE305 V3 with the latest firmware (RE305(EU)_V3_200212), when I enter the web management page, I see that DHCP is set to Auto (off), which is okay, but I see no option to set it to manually off (so that it stays always off), whereas on the RE305 V1 web management page I can see this setting in the Network tab.

Thank you very much for your help, any tip/advise will be much appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 0

Related Articles