5GHz band doesn’t work on Archer VR1600v given by TPG

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 13:01:41

Dunno why I can't find the model existing in the models field when starting this thread, although the router preference page clearly has the TP-Link logo on it lol

We have a TP-Link VR1600v router, and the 5GHz WiFi band almost never works. For most of the time when devices try to connect to the router using 5GHz band the router won't assign an IP address to any of the devices, even though the signal is good, and the 2.4GHz can be connected (but it's not that good either, I'll come back to that), but some times the 5GHz will come back up for no apparent reason at all, live for 1-3 days and die again. I upgraded the firmware on the router and the 5GHz came back up for barely 2 days before completely dead again. The 2GHz isn't much better either, I experience frequent and inconsistent lag spikes raising my latency to router from 3ms to at least 300ms, and my connection to my router has a package lost rate of more than 2%, when the router is literally right in front of me with no obstruction.

From other articles and threads I found that changing the broadcasting channel might work, but the instructions given for changing channels are not clear and the posts mostly wrote about how channels work, not how to solve a problem. So if that is your suggested solution to this then please include some screenshots in router settings regarding how to change the channels.

Any other methods are very much welcome, doesn't hurt to give a try.

I appreciate any assistance in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 866

Replies: 0

Related Articles