Tether app Parental Control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 10:35:15 - last edited 2020-08-07 02:45:06

Hello everyone,

So yesterday my ISP changed my old router to a new TP-Link router.

Of course, I downloaded the Tether app and set up all my devices and everything seemed to work smoothly without any problems.

Then I tried to set up Parental control and it doesn't work for me...

I want to set up available internet usage from 07:00 to 22:00, so I set up a timer in Tethers Parental Controls like that:

But there is no internet connection during these hours...

I even tried to fill up this timer fully, but there is still no internet connection... At the moment when I add a device to the Parental Control, that device can no longer access the internet even before I set up a timer...

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong? I understand that I could set up timer wrong because it is really strange, but it doesn't work even if I make it fully filled to 24h...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether app Parental Control not working-Solution
2020-08-07 02:44:42 - last edited 2020-08-07 02:45:06

@JuDrus 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

For your case, we might need your help to get the following information:

1. What is the model number of your TP-Link router?
  2. And may I know the hardware version and firmware version of the router?—if possible, you could post a picture of the bottom label on the router here.
  3.  Except for the time settings, did you also choose the parental control rules, like blacklist or whitelist?

(by the way, the scheduled time( or effective time), it is the time for parental control to take effect, not the same as internet access time)

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether app Parental Control not working-Solution
2020-08-07 02:44:42 - last edited 2020-08-07 02:45:06

@JuDrus 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

For your case, we might need your help to get the following information:

1. What is the model number of your TP-Link router?
  2. And may I know the hardware version and firmware version of the router?—if possible, you could post a picture of the bottom label on the router here.
  3.  Except for the time settings, did you also choose the parental control rules, like blacklist or whitelist?

(by the way, the scheduled time( or effective time), it is the time for parental control to take effect, not the same as internet access time)

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1813

Replies: 1

Related Articles