Deco M9 Plus has no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 13:38:17

Woke up this morning to a red light on the Decos and the phone app said both Decos were offline and unable to connect to the internet.

These two Decos had been working fine for a few weeks now and nothing has changed that I'm aware of.

Why would they suddenly lose the ability to connect to the internet?

I have the latest firmware installed.

I know the problem is with the Decos and not my ISP (Xfinity), as my Xfinity service uses a modem/router combo and when I saw that there was no internet connection I logged into the router from Xfinity and was able to get an internet connection.

So the problem has to be with the Decos.

Any ideas?

Thank you...

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus has no internet connection
2020-04-22 17:15:57

@johnrandolph 

johnrandolph wrote

Woke up this morning to a red light on the Decos and the phone app said both Decos were offline and unable to connect to the internet.

These two Decos had been working fine for a few weeks now and nothing has changed that I'm aware of.

Why would they suddenly lose the ability to connect to the internet?

I have the latest firmware installed.

I know the problem is with the Decos and not my ISP (Xfinity), as my Xfinity service uses a modem/router combo and when I saw that there was no internet connection I logged into the router from Xfinity and was able to get an internet connection.

So the problem has to be with the Decos.

Any ideas?

Thank you...

Finally got it working after putting the Xfinity modem/router combo in "bridge mode" and unplugging and then replugging everything back in.  All seems to be working now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1493

Replies: 1

Related Articles