Issue with RE450

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issue with RE450

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Issue with RE450
Issue with RE450
2020-04-23 03:21:33
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Model:RE450(AU)

I just bought myself the RE450 to fix the connection between the modem and my room but after using the web setup, I'm still having issues as it feels slower having that connected then just using wifi doing simple things like loading a browser. So I'm not sure if my device is faulty or if I did something wrong in the setup but I feel as though I wasted my money on this. Also, for the life of me I can't seem to set up the Ethernet even though I have the cord connected into both my laptop and the RE450, tried swapping cords incase the one I've been using for years is busted but it was the same, no response saying I was connected via Ethernet

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue with RE450
2020-04-23 10:09:07

@Matt_P 

Please try the High Speed mode on RE450 with the following settings.

1. Login to RE450.

2. Go to "Wireless-->Connect to network", Disable "Connect to 2.4GHz Network"

3. Go to "Wireless-->Extended network", Disable "Extended 5GHz"

For the Ethernet connection between RE450 and PC, your PC is working fine when connect to router via cable directly? Please also check the Ethernet Port on RE450, it looks  good appearance 

Options
Re:Issue with RE450
2020-04-24 02:07:46
I couldn't log into the configure site after I was connected to the device so I did a manual reset of it and after setting it up again, tried to go back onto the configure site, same thing happened again, can't reach the site. Also the Ethernet port on the RE450 looks perfectly fine. Connecting via Ethernet should work fine as I used another wifi extender prior to getting this one and it worked perfectly, just for whatever reason I can't get the RE450 to detect I'm connecting via Ethernet
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 2

Related Articles