Archer D7 as range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-24 02:10:41
Model: Archer D7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have just upgraded to an NBN service andt the modem that has ben provided with it works well , however, has some range issues. I was wondering if I can use my old Archer D7 (AC1750) modem router just as an extender. I have looked up numerous articles online but none of the exclusivley talks about this model. I am hoping if anyone of you have any experience with this already and can guide me- it will be much apprreciated.

Thank you in advance

Anmol 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D7 as range extender
2020-04-24 04:14:39 - last edited 2020-04-24 05:13:00

@Akap 

Hi - I'm a newbie here but think I may have had a similar issue. I'm from Canada, so the terminology may be different.

I had business fibre service installed ... an upgrade from DSL. I got fibre right to the house. They installed a box that converted fibre to ethernet. The ethernet connected to the modem/router. I tried, without any success at all to attach my C7 router as the DHCP server. Attaching as an access point was not really an option as I wanted the control of the network on the C7 router.

In the end, I got rid of the modem/router and connected the ethernet connection right from the fibre box to the WAN of my C7 then setup VLAN on the router to translate the signal. Everything is great and I've got one less box to power.

If you think that's what you want to do, I can try to provide details to setup.

If you simply want an access point, then you could put the router in AP mode, connect a LAN port from the modem to a LAN port on the the router - That should be good enough.

Options
Re:Archer D7 as range extender
2020-04-24 09:38:28
Thanks @johnnykay for taking time out to respond. What I basically want to do it extend my current range using the D7 and connect the D7 to my desktop PC to have internet on it too.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1565

Replies: 2

Related Articles