deco m9 plus latest firmware version and deco app questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-27 21:40:39
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.10 Build 20190809 Rel.54285

I've recently bought deco m9 plus.  I am usind deco app. I already pressed on "update deco" in the app, and it says your deco wi-fi system is currently up to date.  But i want to re-check it from you.  My hardware version is V2, and my firmware version is 1.2.10 Build 20190809 Rel. 54285.

Is this the latest firmware version?

I am also going to try ethernet backhaul, but cannot see in my app as its stated on FAQ https://www.tp-link.com/tr/support/faq/1794/ in Q3, that we can check the signal source, but in my deco appi there is nothing like that, it only says after clickin on the internet button and after selecting the slave deco, it only says "deco health check" and "deco is working well" under this sentence. My app is also up to date.  why cannot i see that in my app?

Thank you.

Options
8 Reply
Re:deco m9 plus latest firmware version and deco app questions
2020-04-28 09:58:26

@nameless Well, welcome to the forum full of lies or ignorance. TP- Link does not care. I have the 10x M9+ v1 (and other units) and they have problems with a feature called "smart dhcp", where it just wracks your network randomly assigning IP adresses in a different range. Instability when the Deco M9+ is as the main unit. They also did not care to tell, that they need to use IEEE 1905.1 protocol for ethernet backhaul to work. So if you have D-Link switches, you are supposted to request a feature update from them according to TP-Link. Old firmware and promises of an update regarding it going for many months now. Their flagship router/extender is absolutly broken and TP-Link does not care about their customers at all apparently. Ignorant and irresponsible. And we are definetly not the only ones expiriencing problems, as you can not only see this in this forum.

Options
2020-04-28 10:18:03

@MarekT 

I checked part of the forum after my post and see what is going on here unfortunately!! This is unethical.  My other 2 pack m9+ system that i ordered additionally is on the route.  I guess i will return my new order and the other 2 pack.  This is ridicilious and these products are not cheap either.  If tp-link is pricing their products this high, they must also support their customers!  Yes, we are the customers, and we are paying their sallaries and dividends.

I am saying to those at tplink, who is responsible for forum and technical support.  We are customers, please repsond asap.

Options
2020-04-29 09:58:22

@nameless Your firmware has been lastes version.

You may notice that there is a newer version of the firmware on the official website.

But we didn't push this firmware to users since there was no new function added.

The latest firmware of Deco M9 V2 doesn't support to show the backhaul status.

This function will be added in next firmware, which is under testing and is estimated to be released next month.

Options
2020-04-29 10:14:14

@MarekT With regard to your smart DHCP issue, when Deco in ap mode boots DHCP server, it will also periodically send "DHCP discover" to front-end.
If your router assigns IP to Deco, it will turn off DHCP server right away. Leasing time of IP assigned from Deco smart DHCP server is only 1 minute. So clients will renew IP in a short time and then get IP from your router.

You issue should be related to your network topology.

We would like to follow your case via email.

if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-06-02 05:44:07

@Brook 

How am I supposed to know if my backhaul is connected on my V2 device? I can see from the app on my other V1 devices so assume it is but would like to know for sure

thanks

Options
2020-06-02 07:04:17 - last edited 2020-06-02 07:06:21

@Brook Who's biting here? @ TP-Link_Deco wrote that the update will be in June ... @Brook You write that they were supposed to be in May?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/205684?replyId=447166

Options
2020-06-04 10:31:30

@breeno Deco M9 V2 currently doesn't support to show backhaul status. This feature will be added in the next firmware.

Options
2020-06-04 10:46:23

@mihaszek Please refer to the latest reply of @TP-Link Deco. New problems discovered during testing may delay firmware release. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3547

Replies: 8

Related Articles