Computer disconnected from 5ghz network and is unable to reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-27 23:12:30
Model: PCI-e Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a desktop running Windows 10, with the latest updates (as far as I'm aware).

I've been having an issue with my computer disconnecting from the 5ghz network of my Wifi at random times. I will be already connected to the 5ghz network, it disconnects and then when I try to reconnect it gives a message 'Unable to connect'. At this point it's like I'm cut off from the 5ghz network and can only connect to the 2.4ghz network, although I can still see 5ghz networks in the list of networks I can choose from.

It isn't an issue with the network password; the 2.4 and 5ghz networks have the same password, and I also get a different error message when I get that wrong.

The wifi adapter I'm using is a TP-Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter.

I've tried messing around with a few of the settings, based on some googling of the issue. I turned off the computer's ability to turn off the adapter to conserve power. I also tried changing the 'wireless' mode from 'Auto' to 'IEEE 802.11/a/n/ac', which did actually seem to fix the problem one time (but not this most recent time). I've also tried resetting the computer and updating/uninstalling/reinstalling the driver.

This issue also only affects my computer. My phone is using the 5ghz network fine.

Does anyone have have any ideas on how I can fix this or what might be causing this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Computer disconnected from 5ghz network and is unable to reconnect
2020-04-29 11:38:10

@Wifi_problems Did you try to troubleshoot then try it ? As i also used to get these types of issues in past and then i follow some of the point.

- Troubleshoot the system

- off then on the wifi

- chagne the credentially

- then connect           

Hope it would help you to get your answers.

Cheers 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 1