Using PPPoE directly on the Deco gives me a lower speed than using the PPPoE on the ISP modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Using PPPoE directly on the Deco gives me a lower speed than using the PPPoE on the ISP modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Using PPPoE directly on the Deco gives me a lower speed than using the PPPoE on the ISP modem
2021-04-02 01:29:05

@ARdeco - Sorry for late response. I have bridge mode enabled on my ISP modem but i am not using PPPoE + Deco is in router mode.

Sorry i am running out of ideas but few things you can try

- What happens If you connect directly to your ISP modem and measure speed ? (If you get full speed that rules out ISP issue)

- Change your cable that goes from Main Deco to ISP 

- Use different Deco unit and make it as Main Deco

- Disable some of the beta items on Deco app like Beaming, Fast Roaming, ALG etc.. from advanced tab

- Go to QoS and change Application priority, maybe add the device you are speed testing as high priority device

- Deco app has new feature called : Deco Lab test that out

- Try to change WiFi channel / Enable disable 2.4ghz / 5 ghz

Since initial post i have upgraded from Deco 5 to X20. 

Options
Re:Using PPPoE directly on the Deco gives me a lower speed than using the PPPoE on the ISP modem
2021-10-04 11:02:53

rgomez wrote

@KiLLeR17 

Hello,

I discovered after some sporadic events of low speeds on my connection that the ISP modem was not negotiating the full duplex 1000mbps with the Deco. I changed the Ethernet cable between the two and everything has been running smoothly.

I don't know if that could be your issue too, for me it was an unpleaseant surprise as I was on the phone with the ISP making a big mess, only to discover that was the problem... the cable was a Cat6 patch cable, but I changed it for a new one and haven't had any issues about speed since. I might have damaged the other cable or something like that, I don't know.

Hi @rgomez, How'd you identify that your patch cable is the one that causing the problem - not negotiating properly? 

I have the same issue. Tried several settings and combinations but with no luck. I even tried it on my 2nd Deco M5 but still failed.

Weird is, bridge connection worked perfectly fine with my old router Archer A5.  

Am I missing any configurations/steps?

Btw, my ISP modem is HG8145V5 from Globe.

Thanks.

Options
2021-10-07 02:14:33

Jays0n wrote

rgomez wrote

@KiLLeR17 

Hello,

I discovered after some sporadic events of low speeds on my connection that the ISP modem was not negotiating the full duplex 1000mbps with the Deco. I changed the Ethernet cable between the two and everything has been running smoothly.

I don't know if that could be your issue too, for me it was an unpleaseant surprise as I was on the phone with the ISP making a big mess, only to discover that was the problem... the cable was a Cat6 patch cable, but I changed it for a new one and haven't had any issues about speed since. I might have damaged the other cable or something like that, I don't know.

Hi @rgomez, How'd you identify that your patch cable is the one that causing the problem - not negotiating properly? 

I have the same issue. Tried several settings and combinations but with no luck. I even tried it on my 2nd Deco M5 but still failed.

Weird is, bridge connection worked perfectly fine with my old router Archer A5.  

Am I missing any configurations/steps?

Btw, my ISP modem is HG8145V5 from Globe.

Thanks.

Tried replacing with new Cat6 patch and my issue is gone. Thanks.

Options
Related Articles