TP-Link TL-WR841N very slow download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 21:30:53
Model: TL-WR841N_EU  
Hardware Version: V11
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160325 Rel.62500n

Hi all,

I am having problems with my TP-Link TL-WR841N Wifi router.

The problem is I do not get the full download speed either via LAN connected directly to router or via WiFi.

However, if I bypass the router and connect directly to the WAN wire and setup a PPPoE dialup connection, I get full speed.

Please see the screenshot below of speedtest done when connected dorectly to the WAN wire:

Here is the connection status of the PPPoE dialup:

Now here's the speedtest result when I am connected via LAN port of the router:

And finally, here's the speed test result when connected to WiFi:

As you can see, if I bypass the router and connect my laptop directly, I get full speed, however, if I connect through the router either via LAN or WiFi, I am getting very low download speeds.

Can somebody please help me on this?

Thanks for your time!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WR841N very slow download speed
2020-10-29 16:33:53
Exactly the same case. If I am bypassing the router I have like 50Mbps connection from my ISP. If I am using lan port or wifi on the router I have like 9Mbps. Did a factory reset and multiple restarts of the device and nothing helped. ---- Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160325 Rel.62500n Hardware Version: WR841N v11 00000000
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2080

Replies: 1

Related Articles