Speed halves between M4 and E4 units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-30 07:05:43
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build 20190917 release 76172

Hi

i'm after some advice on how to increase the speeds between my Deco units.  I Recently brought an E4 3 pack but after having it a couple of months I realised the E4 Ethernet port could only handle 100mb and I'd just upgraded my speed to 200mb.

i brought a Deco M4 to be the Main Deco to make use of the Gigaport and use the E4 units in conjunction with it.

in the immediate area near the M4 unit I get slightly over 200mb running speed tests but in rooms where the E4 units kick in the internet is sometimes less than half that.

Any ideas how to get these speeds more in line with the M4?  I thought the E4 units were capable of speeds far greater than what I'm getting wirelessly.

i have no high priority rules under QoS 

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed halves between M4 and E4 units
2020-06-10 14:23:31

@stylesnicoll I have the same issue, have you been able to figure it out? I am worried that this ticket has been open for so long without a reply

Options
Re:Speed halves between M4 and E4 units
2020-06-10 15:42:38

@ddebasilio 

No I never received anything back around this at all unfortunately.

The investigations i did on the internet seem to point to this being a common issue.  

The main deco plugged into the modem will get full speed but each additional unit will get less and less speed as they link together.

I did think I may not get full speed but would get pretty close given these were meant to be a pretty solid replacement to the Virgin Hub I was using.

So pretty disappointing really.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1083

Replies: 2