WDR-4300: One computer losing internet frequently after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-24 06:47:05
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 121225

ISP : Rogers

Ever since upgrading my firmware from 120426 to the latest(121225), one of my computer(windows xp, TP-link Nano) is frequently losing internet connectivity.

I purchased the router a month ago and firmware 120426 was the version that came installed. The router would stop working about 3-4 times a week, requiring me to reboot it. Because of this I did some research online and found out about version 121225 which supposedly should improve performance and stability. After the firmware upgrade today I noticed that one of my computer is having a lot of trouble maintaining internet connectivity for more than 30 minutes. When checking wireless connectivity it would say that I am connected and that the signal strength is excellent. I'm also able to ping 8.8.8.8 but not www.google.com(I've tried ipconfig /flushdns and it doesn't solve the problem). I also have trouble accessing or pinging the router(192.168.0.1) with this computer.

My other computers and laptop connected to the router(either wired or wireless 2.4ghz)have no connectivity problems. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDR-4300: One computer losing internet frequently after firmware upgrade
2013-01-24 17:52:02
Have you tried to modify the channel on the router? if you can ping 8.8.8.8 but not www.google.com, that seems to say the DNS problem....
Options
2013-02-10 15:40:47
Didn't someone recommend "generally" to set the DNS "static" within the DHCP Server Pri/Sec DNS.

Just see what a working client gets/uses , and put that in those fields.
If the router only hands out one DNS (it's own) , you could add 8.8.8.8 as the 2'nd

I have had to add my own DNS as the primary , since it doesn't seem like TP-Link registers the DHCP hostnames in their internal dns.
So i'm unable to resolve my local machines , unless i use my own DNS with DHCP mac-bindings for the clients.

I have been running WRT54G with DD-WRT for years , and would love for a DD-WRT version that works on both radios and isn't (beta)

/Bingo
Options
2013-02-11 08:17:23
I've been having a similar problem. One computer using a wired LAN connection to the WDR-4300 continually has trouble maintaining an internet connection. Meanwhile I have no problem reaching the router at 192.168.0.1. The IP addresses and gateways on the network seem to be ok.

I have reverted to an earlier firmware and the problem seems to be gone now. However, I've also gone into the WDR-4300 network setup and assigned it a static address connection to my DSL modem/router. So i'm not sure which of these two actions has helped. I'll have to play around with it some more to see if I can figure out the answer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 3

Related Articles