Using Archer C20 as AP disables my TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-02 15:09:11
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.0 v0044.0 Build 160427 Rel.39650n

Hi,

I would like to use my Archer C20 at home, connected to my provider's router, as an Access Point.

I also have a TV box connected directly to the provider's router (Technicolor TG784n v3). 

When I connect (using an ethernet port) the TP-Link to the provider's router, the TV Box freezes.

I've disabled everything in TP-Link → Network → IPTV dialogue, but it does work. I've also enabled just the IGMP Snooping, but it does not work either. I even tried to connect the TV Box to the TP-Link but it doesn't work either (and it seems more complicated to configure, so I quit that approach).

Right now, I can only see TV if I disconnect the TP-Link from the provider's router.

My question is: how do I configure the router, so it can be used in the same network as the TV Box? It should be something simple, but I don't know anything about IGMP/IPTV protocols and configurations.

Thank you,

Rocha

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 0

Related Articles