SKY Q freezes after a few minutes when connected to deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-03 12:15:05
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 build 20200221 rel. 65392

Set up BT SMarthub 2 with wifi switched off, ethernet cable to TPLink Deco M5 in access point mode serving wifi on both bands to a medium sized house.

My Sky Q systems suddenly started freezing about a week ago and would be unresponsive until power cycled.  It would freeze after a few minutes.

Sky engineer attended and we tried everything, new Sky Q box, new cables, new LNBs at the dish but it still kept freezing until I ran an ethernet cable from the BT hub to the Sky box and then it was fine. When investigating we noticed as soon as there was internet traffic to/from the Sky Q box it would freeze.

After he left I switched the BT hubs wifi back on, disconnected the ethernet cable from the sky Q box and re-connected it to the BT smarthub wifi.  No problems since.

Is there an issue with the mesh wifi not playing nicely with skyQ (which creates it's own mesh network if I understand correctly)?

Options
2 Reply
Re:SKY Q freezes after a few minutes when connected to deco
2020-05-17 18:18:55

@JeffJenkins I'm have the same issue with a tp link Archer MR600. Would be good to know if this is a common issue with SkyQ.

ps as soon as I disconnect the SkyQ from the network it's fine. I'm going to try using an Ethernet from the tp link to a BT home hub and then connecting SkyQ via WiFi to the BT home hub. Will let you know if it works

Options
Re:SKY Q freezes after a few minutes when connected to deco
2020-11-26 21:20:41

Yesterday I bought the Deco M4 ( 3 pack ) it setup easily after I did the firmware upgrades. This was to replace a Mercusys system bought last week. That had the problem that it froze my SkyQ TV picture and stopped the Sky booster and Sky mini communicating. The Sky engineer was baffled but said it must be a network problem as all was well when we reverted to the old router WiFi.

My supplier said the new Deco should be OK if I set it to Acess Point. This I did but I still have the same problem with the Deco. Can anybody help? Iv'e tried TP-Link support but they have not come back to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1660

Replies: 2

Related Articles