Deco X60 appears to reboot regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 appears to reboot regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Deco X60 appears to reboot regularly
2020-06-24 16:34:07

I also applied the firmware update last week and it stopped the crash cycle that happened especially often if I did a Microsoft Teams call.

However there is a new problem in that if I'm doing a Teams call that the other users find the network slows down to a crawl.

So it would appear that Teams network protocols are causing problems in the X60. NB I don't blame Microsoft for this (I work for them - disclosure) as no other network equipment has struggled with Teams calls.

Options
2020-06-24 16:42:35

I've noticed the issue with Teams meetings as well, and I don't work for Microsoft.  My Apple devices (iPad and iPhone but not my Macbook) struggle to maintain a persistent connection.  They are usually the first to fall off, and then the Decos go red and flash red shortly thereafter.  Once that happens everything drops.

I'm still working with technical support on this issue.  I have provided them with screenshots from the Deco app and log files.  I'm not sure where they are located but I'm almost positive it's not in North America as we seem to email each other only once a day.  The log files are riddled with errors.  It leads me to believe there are multiple issues at play here.

Options
2020-06-24 16:45:53

@imikem Are you able to say how you collect logs, as would love to be able to do that...

Options
2020-06-24 16:48:57

@imcdnzl For sure!  just go to tplinkdeco.net and login with the same userid / password combination you use for the app.  Once in, click Advanced at the top, then System on the left, then System Log. 

Options
2020-06-24 17:29:03

@imikem 

thank you for the helpful note on capturing the logs. Like others, we have experienced drops on the x60 equipment. Most recently, a node will go off line, forcing a hard reboot to recover. If needed, I am available for testing. 

Options
2020-06-24 17:35:33

@tkassner To be clear I don't work for TP-Link either.  I'm just regular Joe Public.  Log a ticket with technical support on the issue, and they'd be happy to work with you too.  TP-Link Support did want to remote into my network, but I declined.  There is just something about giving access to my network to strangers that turned me off.  I gave them screenshots and log files instead.

If anyone can make any sense out of the log files, I'd love to hear more about that.  I turned off Beamforming earlier today and so far no issues, but unless I can get some stability for a few days, I'm hesitant to call things fixed.  In fact, every single feature is now turned off...which kind of defeats the purpose I know.  My thought is if I get stability for the next 72 hours, I will begin turning on other features with beamforming off to see if I can isolate a feature.  I will do this in conjunction with working with tech support.

Options
2020-06-26 15:43:51
Options
2021-04-26 05:09:07

@bartvincke did we get any resolution on this?

I have the same problem. The main Deco connected to the modem disconnects randomly (2-3 times a day). I have a hardwired PC connected to the modem which continues to function.

After dropping the internet the main deco reboots and comes back on line. 

I can see the log files are riddled with errors. I have tried the UAE support but they are clueless.

Options
2021-04-26 12:44:22
in my case the issue was resolved since the last 2 firmwares I don't see any strange reboots any more make sure you are running the latest FW ( okt 2020 )
Options
2021-04-26 12:59:48

@Ahsan75 mine was also fixed by newer firmware releases. It should auto-update unless you've turned if off, but you can also check in the Deco app for firmware updates.

Options