Internet Sharing using WR741ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-24 15:27:17
Hello,
I have high speed internet connection. The following image shows how my ISP provides internet connections:

I am required to put IP address in my computer network settings. This IP is used to go to login page to put username/password. It is a web based authentication(kind of captive portal you can call). Done! I am connected to the internet. Super fast!

Now, I would like to share this internet connection between two computers using WR741ND router. So, what I am doing is having both these two computers connected to the router using LAN ports whereas my ISP cable to the WAN port of the router.

IP settings of both the computers are set to: Obtain IP address automatically.

Configuration in the router:

Logged into the router--->Network--->WAN--->Static IP--->Settings saved

I am able to connect to the internet using any of the PCs. The problem is I am unable to access the internet simultaneously using both the computers. When one computer is in the process of loading website and I try to open a website on second computer the second computer does not start loading website at all and even the first computer stops opening the website.

What change do I need to make in the router configuration? Can this internet connection be shared at all?

Please help me.

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet Sharing using WR741ND
2013-01-24 16:20:11
As far as I am concerned, the router supports PPPoE, Dynamic IP, Static IP etc. it seems it does not have the ability to dial up by logging into a page so that others can share the connection..
Options
Re:Internet Sharing using WR741ND
2013-01-24 17:29:53

Andrew wrote

As far as I am concerned, the router supports PPPoE, Dynamic IP, Static IP etc. it seems it does not have the ability to dial up by logging into a page so that others can share the connection..

Thanks @Andrew for your quick response. There is no dial up connection here. As I said, when I am not connected to the internet, any website I try to load will take me to a login page where I need to put username and password I am connected to the internet. Hope I cleared the connection process.

Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 2