In need of some help. Internet light flashing.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-24 16:34:42
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey, am having some trouble with my wireless router. I have a local LAN internet connection at home. I used to connect it with this router and use the wifi for my laptop and tablet. But recently, the internet light has started to blink instead of the solid green light. and I cannot connect to the internet from my browser, My pc can connect to the router.. But it cant connect to the internet. And even the data counter in the tp link router page shows the received packets to be ZERO. But with the same settings, that is the same ip address and other configs, when I connect the LAN cable directly to my pc, it starts to work perfectly... without any glitch. I am unable to understand the problem. It never happened before.. Everything was smooth sailing.. :( Why does my internet signal blink when there is no problem with the cable?!
Options
2 Reply
Re:In need of some help. Internet light flashing.
2013-01-24 17:23:42
As far as I am concerned, the WAN light should be flashing. When the internet is down, is the WAN IP address still there?
Options
Re:In need of some help. Internet light flashing.
2013-01-25 04:49:34

Andrew wrote

As far as I am concerned, the WAN light should be flashing. When the internet is down, is the WAN IP address still there?

Yes.. its showing the WAN IP and every other thing correctly! No problem with the config am sure. I have been using the wireless for 1year now.. and there was no problem. and the Internet led always stayed a solid green. It neva flashed. Now itz flashing with breif intervals. 2 flashes a second i would assume and the data received shows zero. and there is no connectivity. I can connect to the router. But cant connect to internet!! :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4310

Replies: 2

Related Articles